Become a Field Staff Member
Pursue The Outdoors (PTO) is looking for individuals who have a strong passion for the outdoors, are successful in the field or on the water, live in or around the Pacific Northwest, and have strong ethics and respect for fish, wildlife, and the outdoors. If you think you have what it takes to join our field staff, keep reading.
As a PTO field staff member, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Chronicle your outdoor adventures in your own field journal on PursueTheOutdoors.com. Build a following, and use your journals to promote current sponsors and show prospective sponsors what you can do for them.
- Receive tips and tricks from outdoor industry insiders on how to promote yourself and attract sponsors.
- Receive free PTO Field Staff gear*, as well as additional discounts on gear from our sponsors and PTO (when available).
- Receive free outdoor gear for product reviews, and keep for your personal use**.
- Join PTO Pro Staff on hunting and fishing trips (upon invitation).
- Help represent PTO at consumer and trade shows.
- Receive an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your footage to be featured on PursueTheOutdoors.com, and any future DVDs we produce†.
* Additional requirements may apply. Free gear includes t-shirt, hat, and/or patch, at our discretion.
** Depends on product availability. Must agree to write and publish review on our Web site.
† Depends on quality of footage submitted.
To be considered as part of the PTO field staff, you must meet the following requirements:
- Live in the Pacific Northwest (we’ll consider other locations as well).
- Have strong ethics and a passion for the outdoors, as well as respect for fish, wildlife, and the environment.
- Be knowledgeable in your chosen field, whether it’s hunting, fishing, etc.
- Support local and national conservation efforts.
- Willingness to attend local and national events and shows.
- Willingness to attend photo shoots and be filmed for PTO.
- Include a minimum of 2 photos showing your success in the field or on the water.
- Be able to explain in approximately 100 words why you should be considered for the PTO field staff.
- List 2-3 accomplishments achieved as an outdoor enthusiast.
- Once active, publish a minimum of 6 field journals each year.
- Once we approve you as part of our field staff, you’ll receive an email with all the information you need to get started.
For more information about joining our Field Staff program or to apply, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
Not Up To It, But Still Want To Be Part of PTO?
If being part of our field staff doesn’t interest you or you’re just not ready, you can still join our growing outdoor social network and community for outdoor enthusiasts, where you’ll have full access to create your own blogs, participate in the forums, share photos and videos, create your own profiles, and more.
You can also submit articles for our regular Articles section.